The Berkeley Chemical Review (BCR) is a student-led publication that focuses on the students in the UC Berkeley College of Chemistry.
The journal is structured to extend beyond a simple collection of research papers, instead offering variety through many different, interesting sections for students to enjoy. Additionally, a review board of professors and GSIs awards cash prizes to students submitting the best contributions to each issue of the journal. Included sections are:
- Undergraduate Research Papers: Research article submissions from undergraduates.
- White Paper Writings: Submissions of individual library research from students pursuing one of a series of specified topics.
- Chemistry 4B Papers: A compilation of the best Special Projects from Chemistry 4B, published as papers.
- Bronowski Papers: Works outlining innovative methods of integrating humanities into the chemical sciences.
- Fun Chemistry Blurbs: Brief descriptions of interesting chemical phenomena.
- Faculty History of Chemistry: Faculty-written pieces on interesting stories in the history of chemistry and chemical engineering.
- Guide to Getting Involved in Research for Undergraduates: Suggestions on how to get involved in research in the College.
Download the Spring 2012 Issue of the Berkeley Chemical Review here: BCR Spring 2012 (5.2 MB)